Article 9 – Composition –
Article 10 – Powers and Duties –
- The Management Committee shall be made up of seven members to be determined as follows:
- Three members by right, who shall be ratified by the General Assembly:
- the president or chairman of the external public finance audit institution of the region where the last ordinary session of the General Assembly was held; he shall be both president of EURORAI and chairman of the Management Committee;
- the president or chairman of the regional external public finance audit institution where the next ordinary session of the General Assembly is to be held; he shall be the vice-chairman of the Management Committee;
- the secretary general of EURORAI.
- Four members from amongst the presidents and chairmen of the other regional external public finance audit institutions members of EURORAI elected by the General Assembly for a period of three years.
So as to guarantee a balanced representation of all member states, the election of these four members should be effected in such a way that the main types of public sector audit applied by the member institutions and the number of member institutions within a member state are taken into account.
If there are more candidates than posts, the voting at the election shall be done in secret.
If, at the end of the first round of voting, any of the four leading candidates has not obtained an absolute majority of the votes cast by those members represented at the General Assembly, a second round of voting shall take place, after which the four candidates who have obtained the largest numbers of votes shall be declared elected.
No member state may have more than one member within the Management Committee, whereupon the Secretary General is not considered as national subject to this respect.
- The Secretary General can delegate to a member of the regional external public finance audit institution he represents the execution of his duties in the Management Committee.
- With the reservation of article 11, representatives shall be elected for all other members of the Management Committee, who shall substitute them in the exercise of their duties. Only the members of an external public finance audit institution of the member state to which the holder member belongs shall be elected representatives.
- The representatives shall be appointed in the capacity of substitutes on final basis in the event of a Management Committee member retiring definitely during the term of the Management Committee with the exception of the president, who is replaced by his successor in the presidency of the institution which organized the last congress or by the vice-chairman of EURORAI according to the decision of the Management Committee.
- The term of the Management Committee shall take effect once each ordinary session of the General Assembly has concluded.
- The Management Committee shall take valid decisions in the presence of at least four of its members.
- The Management Committee shall meet at least once every year.
- The decisions of the Management Committee shall be taken by majority vote. Each member of the Management Committee shall have one vote. If the votes are equal, the chairman of the Management Committee shall have the casting vote.
The Management Committee shall:
Article 11 – The President –
- Ensure compliance with the statutes of EURORAI.
- Adopt the necessary decisions to ensure the correct functioning of EURORAI within the guidelines laid down by the General Assembly.
- Approve a draft budget for submission to the General Assembly for its final approval.
- Give the General Secretariat the necessary directives for the preparation of financial statements and their presentation for audit.
- Present a report of the activities of EURORAI at each ordinary session of the General Assembly.
- To set up technical committees and study groups, to determine their functions established for the period between two ordinary assemblies, and to report to the General Assembly on the matter.
- Carry out all tasks assigned to it by the General Assembly.
The president shall represent EURORAI externally. He can be represented by a member of the Management Committee.