Article 1 – Objectives –
The European Organization of Regional External Public Finance Audit Institutions (EURORAI) shall have the following objectives:
Article 2 – Principles –
- To foster and promote cooperation among audit bodies in the various sectors in which they carry out their activities.
- To promote exchanges of knowledge and experience in public finance auditing.
- To keep its members informed about the legislation, organization, and operation of the various public sector audit bodies.
- To promote studies relating to the audit of public finances.
- To foster exchange programmes and training courses for the officials of the institutions which are members of EURORAI.
- To establish a proper definition of the terminology used in each country in order to facilitate the harmonization of public finance auditing methods.
EURORAI shall be governed by the following principles:
- All regional external public finance audit institutions which are members of EURORAI shall be regarded as equal.
- The institutions shall be free to decide whether to be members or to withdraw.
- The legal status of each body shall be respected.